Deportation Defense Lawyer
Defending Immigrants in New York
If you are subject to removal from the United States, you are probably very stressed out. Being subject to deportation proceedings is a frightening and intimidating experience which requires the professional legal assistance of a competent and dedicated immigration lawyer with experience in Deportation Defense cases.
As a New York Immigration Attorney, I have experience representing immigrants placed in removal proceedings or that have been charged with Federal Immigration Crimes. I offer competent legal counsel and support for you and your family to help you protect your rights and achieve the best result possible. As an immigrant and former Business investor, I know how important your immigration status is for you, and will work diligently on your behalf in preparing and presenting your case in the most effective manner.
Violations of U.S. immigration laws or criminal convictions may lead to removal proceedings. These include:
- entering the U.S. illegally;
- violating non-immigrant status, such as working with the B-1 Visa, or overstaying your work or investment visa;
- entering the U.S. as an inadmissible alien, committing fraud;
- violating the conditions of permanent resident status;
- committing marriage fraud to enter or remain legally in the U.S.;
- aiding other aliens entering the United States illegally;
- falsifying documents pertaining to immigration;
- being convicted of criminal offenses involving moral turpitude, such as aggravated drunk driving, domestic violence, property crimes, theft, aggravated assault and battery;
- being convicted of aggravated felonies or violent crimes;
- posing a threat of danger to public safety or national security.
A Notice to Appear (NTA) issued by the federal government usually begins the deportation process. The notice will contain the reasons for your removal. If you are detained by the Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE), I can help you or a loved one file a motion for a Bond as promptly as possible.
One or more hearings in immigration court will follow, in which you can defend your case. There are several forms of relief from deportation, such as Adjustment of Status, Cancellation of Removal, Waivers, or Asylum.
If a deportation order is entered by an immigration Court, I can help you file an Appeal with the Board of Immigration Appeals or with a United States Court of Appeals. I am admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Southern and Western District of New York, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
If you have been accused of a crime or are facing deportation for any other reason, I strongly advise you to contact my office to arrange for a consultation with me to discuss your situation. It is vital that you secure legal representation as soon as possible. If you wait too long to hire a Deportation Defense Lawyer, you may jeopardize your case and any potential defense.
In some cases, I can help you reopen a criminal case; for example, you were not advised by your Attorney of the immigration consequences of your guilty plea.
Contact a Deportation Defense Lawyer in New York today