After graduating from law school in Rome, Italy, Simone moved to the United States where he graduated with a Juris Doctor degree, becoming one of the very few Italian lawyers in New York with full academic qualifications in both Italy and the United States.
Simone first came to the United States with an F-1 student Visa to attend law school. After, he started his own legal practice, and obtained E-2 Treaty Investor Visa status. Later, Simone became a Lawful Permanent Resident, and now he is a proud American citizen.
In the course of his career, Simone handled hundreds of immigration cases, including removal proceedings and federal appellate matters. Simone has also substantial criminal jury trial experience.
- University of Kansas School of Law – Juris Doctor, 2010
- University of Rome “Tor Vergata” School of Law – Juris Doctor, 2008
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court, District of Columbia
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Western District of New York
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Selected in Super Lawyers magazine:
- New York Metro Rising Stars (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021);
- New Jersey Rising Stars (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021);
- New Jersey (2022).
USA v. Gasperini, 894 F.3d 482 (2d Cir. 2018) (“Not guilty” jury verdict on all felony charges in the first ever “click fraud” trial)
De Ruvo Corp. v. I Love Panzerotti NY, 1:20-cv-02080 (successfully represented a restaurant and their attorney in a Trademark and unfair competition lawsuit)
4Eon, Inc. v. Elemedia S.p.A., 655665/2016 (obtained discontinuance of international 6-million dollar lawsuit)
USA v. Bjelovic, 14-cr-60026 (Criminal charges of marriage fraud and passport fraud were dismissed)
State of New York v. Valencia, 2013-SU-26572 (Obtained post-conviction amendment of drug conviction)
State of New Jersey v. Thomaston, Ind. No. 12-06-457-I (Attempted murder charge was dismissed)
State of New Jersey v. Grady, Ind. No. 12-06-1488 (Firearm possession charge was dismissed)