K-1 Visa Lawyer

Fiancée of U.S Citizens

The K1 Visa allows a U.S. Citizen to sponsor his or her fiancée living abroad to come to the United States to get married.

A K-1 Visa application must include proof that the relationship has been in existence for at least 2 years prior to the filing of the Visa petition, and that the U.S. citizen and his or her fiancée have met in person at least once.

After the K-1 Visa is granted, the fiancée abroad is allowed to enter the U.S. for the purpose of getting married. The marriage must be celebrated within 90 days of entering the United States.

After the marriage, it is necessary to apply for a Green Card by a process called Adjustment of Status.

An application for a fiancée Visa is not necessary when the fiancée is already in the United States. In this case, an Immigration Lawyer can be of assistance in filing the application for Adjustment of Status along with all the necessary documents.

Adjustment of Status to Lawful Permanent Resident is available to any spouse of a U.S. citizen that entered into the United States legally, meaning after being inspected by an immigration officer.

However, a K-1 Visa holder can only apply for a Green Card through his or her original fiancée Visa petitioner. This means that the only option for a K-1 Visa holder is to marry his or her fiancée. If the marriage does not occur with the U.S. Citizen petitioner, leaving the U.S. is the only option for a K-1 Visa holder.

The K-1 fiancée Visa process can be complicated and lengthy. Hiring a New York Immigration Lawyer will minimize unnecessary delays and the risks of a Visa denial.

Consult with a New York Immigration Attorney to sponsor your Fiancée for a K-1 Visa

Contact Our Firm

Have questions? Fill out the information below to receive an immediate response.

Submit Your Message
New York Immigration Attorney

Office Location:

Law Offices of Simone Bertollini
New York Immigration Attorney
450 Seventh Avenue,
Suite 1408,

New York, NY 10123
Local Phone: 212.235.1525
Directions [+]

Call for consultation


Follow Us On:

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.